The United States Coast Guard Ceremonial Honor Guard Association is ever mindful of the traditions, duties and purpose of the United States Coast Guard Ceremonial Honor Guard and exists to support the Coast Guard Ceremonial Honor Guard Creed which states:
• I am an Honor Guardsman.
• I will proudly stand beside my shipmates despite the discomforting elements.
• I will maintain Poise on and off the parade field.
• I will exceed the standards and accept nothing but Perfection.
• I will Honor all Coast Guard men and women both living and dead.
• I will Respect the Honor Guard Mission and my Seniors.
• I will Devote my maximum effort unto this sacred duty.
• By wearing this rope I have accepted a commitment to Excellence as a way of life.
"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer."
John F. Kennedy
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
The United States Coast Guard Ceremonial Honor Guard Association exists to exemplify the Honor Guard core values of Pride, Poise and Perfection by supporting the many activities of current Honor Guard members and their families by:
• Establishing and funding scholarships for the various needs of Honor Guard members and their families;
• Providing for the urgent needs of its members when other avenues are not adequate;
• Facilitating Morale, Welfare, and Recreation opportunities for current Honor Guard members and their families;
• Providing the means to assist those less fortunate in the community and other veteran organizations that meet the needs of our shipmates; and,
• Providing recognition for members currently serving as Ceremonial Honor Guard members.